Looking for an awesome position doing stuff you already love doing? Well, WordPress that is.
Yoast and his team both work with amazing customers on WordPress and SEO projects, but on top of that, they put out some killer plugins. Like the one being used here on WPForce.com — WordPress SEO. According to yoast.com, the team is now made of 8 individuals.
What are the requirements?
- can easily develop a WordPress plugin given a set of functional and technical requirements and come up with better requirements themselves if what Joost thought up was actually stupid;
- has proven experience in developing WordPress plugins;
- knows how to combine your CSS with your jQuery and hook it properly;
- knows how to write decent inline documentation according to the WordPress standards;
- enjoy collaborating with open source developers from all over the world;
- can fix a bug in any of our plugins when you’ve been given access to a clients site and have to figure out what the hell is going wrong yourself.
What’s in it for you?
- a competitive salary;
- a good benefits program including a company paid for pension plan;
- a great and inspiring group of people to work with;
- a laptop of your own choice;
- an avatar just like everyone else in our team has, drawn specifically for you by our own illustrator Erwin;
- lots of LEGO to play with.
A little bit about Yoast.
What we do
At Yoast, we optimize websites. Not just one aspect of websites, but every aspect. We make websites more usable, easier to navigate, faster and more reliable. In other words: we make websites work. Not just for the owner, but for the visitor. The added bonus is that if you do all that right, a website becomes easier to find too.
UPDATE: After catching up with Joost, it appears they did hire someone already.