Today marks the release of WordPress 3.0 for iOS (iPhone/iPad). As Isaac Keyet notes, there are some huge changes to the new release. Here’s a quick glimpse at those changes.
- Push Notifications for WordPress.com
- Swipe-to-moderate Toolbar
- Vastly improved performance, especially for iPad
- Translations (added for Chinese (Taiwan), Hungarian, and Polish [thanks for the translation help!])
WordPress 3.1 for iOS is already being planned and developed, with a slated release date for the end of June 2012. Here’s what we can expect for WordPress 3.1 for iOS:
Version 3.1 for iOS
- Sliding Panels are currently being implemented for iPad. This will allow for faster management and an easier overview of everything in the app – from posts and pages to comments, stats, settings, web dashboard access, and WordPress.com features.
- A slide-out iPhone/iPod Touch Menu will allow for quicker access to the things you do the most in the app, and provide a great overview.
- Post Formats is being added to the post editor so you can easily change the appearance of your published posts if your theme supports it.
- A better Welcome screen to get you started quickly with the app and learn more about what it can do.
- More iPad Stats than ever before, fully leveraging the screen space.
The WordPress iOS team is asking for developers to get involved. So if you’re a WordPress-lover like me and you also know how to program for iOS (unlike me), then you should get involved.
via WP iOS