WordPress 3.8 Beta 1 was just announced by project and version lead Matt Mullenweg.
This next major release of WordPress is set to focus on bringing together a number of feature-as-a-plugin, plugins, such as MP6 and others.
Here is what Matt highlighted in the announcement.
- The new admin design, especially the responsive aspect of it. Try it out on different devices and browsers, see how it goes, especially the more complex pages like widgets or seldom-looked-at-places like Press This. Color schemes, which you can change on your profile, have also been spruced up.
- The dashboard homepage has been refreshed, poke and prod it.
- Choosing themes under Appearance is completely different, try to break it however possible.
- There’s a new default theme, Twenty Fourteen.
- Over 250 issues closed already.
To recap you, WordPress 3.7 was released just under a month ago on October 24th, 2013. And just as promised in this year’s State of the Word, both WordPress 3.7 and WordPress 3.8 are planned to be delivered by the end of 2013.