I find it quite annoying when I have any number of images beyond 2, where I want to insert all of them, but not using the gallery shortcode.
Faster Image Insert
This plugin has a number of features that change how the default media manager handles attachments.
- No thickbox, using metabox with zero interface blocking, quite similar to the uploader in WordPress 1.5
- No hacking, default upload interface is not affected, only enhanced.
- Insert multiple images in gallery & library mode, without using shortcode; can also insert images in reversed order, and even control spacing between images.
- Mass info editing, change title/captions in one-shot.
- Smart switches: set default uploader, disable captions.
Who is this plugin designed for?
- Screenshot lover – movie, game or anime review etc.
- Howto guru – cooking guide, hardware DIY guide etc.
- Photo logger – author can comment below each photo.
- Blogger that has been shouting “run, thickbox, RUN!” to the loading screens.
Finally, a plugin that works. After testing this plugin, while it took a little tinkering, I got it to work. It still requires a bit of manual work to edit the title= and the alt= tags within each image, but it gets the job done of inserting all the images into the post.
One great thing about this plugin is that you are not restricted to using the meta box beneath the write screen. You can use the lightbox popup as well, if you wanted to.
This plugin has almost 100,000 downloads and the developer is still active with new development of the plugin.
Gallery of Screenshots
[wpfplugin link=”http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/faster-image-insert/” download=”http://downloads.wordpress.org/plugin/faster-image-insert.zip”]